Saturday December 2nd 2017
- An ultra exclusive gastronomic dinner on New York’s iconic Ellis Island. celebrating the very best of Italian haute cuisine, within the dynamic and creative landscape of New York.
- This private, blacktie, culinary experience will be personally prepared by Chef Massimo Bottura, owner and head chef of worldwide renowned Osteria Francescana. Awarded 3 Michelin stars named best restaurant in Italy and winner of the prestigious list “World’s 50 Best Restaurants” in 2016.
- This private, by-invitation only event will be produced by GR8, a worldwide experience agency, specializing in the creation of unique lifetime experiences and international events across the globe.
- The gala dinners will be hosted on Saturday December 2nd 2017 at Museum of Immigration, a venue that resonates strongly with all New Yorkers, Americans and those who have dreamed of starting a new life in the USA.
- The event will be hosted by Bronx native, legendary actor and screenwriter Chazz Palminteri.
Innovation & Tradition
- Massimo Bottura, is an Italian gastronomic chef and the owner of Osteria Francescana, Italy’s most celebrated restaurant.
At Osteria Francescana, chef Massimo Bottura takes inspiration from contemporary art to create highly innovative dishes that play with Italian culinary traditions. It’s an approach that has won him three Michelin stars and the number one place on the World’s 50 Best Restaurant list in 2016.“Never Trust a Skinny Italian Chef” is Chef Bottura’s internationally best selling cookbook. It is a tribute to Bottura’s twenty-five year career and the evolution of Osteria Francescana. Divided into four chapters, each one deals with a different period, the book features 50 recipes and accompanying texts explaining Bottura’s inspiration, ingredients and techniques. Illustrated with photography by Stefano Graziani and Carlo Benvenuto, “Never Trust a Skinny Italian Chef” is the first book from Bottura – the leading figure in modern Italian gastronomy.
- Chef Bottura holds a special place in his heart for New York. He spent part of his career here and it is also where he met his American wife, Lara Gilmore. Through his own personal and professional journey, he identifies with past and current immigrants wishing to seek success in the Big Apple through sheer determination and hard work.
Bronx-born and raised Chazz Palminteri was a natural choice to continue the long line of prominent Italian actors in the film industry. In the tradition set forth in the 1970s by such icons as director Martin Scorsese and actors Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, Palminteri has brought grit, muscle and an evocative realism to the sidewalks of his New York neighborhood, violent as they are and were.
Well known for A Bronx Tale, Palminteri originally wrote the script for the stage and performed it as a one-man show in Los Angeles. One night Robert DeNiro walked in to see the show and as they say “the rest is history.”
Chazz has more than 50 movies to his credit including The Usual Suspects, Bullets Over Broadway (Academy Award nomination) and Analyze This. Chazz is a member of the Actors Studio in NYC.
In 1996 he received the 1996 Leadership in Entertainment Award from the Coalition of Italo-American Association, Inc. and was honored by President Clinton with a Special Achievement Award for the Performing Arts from the National Italian American Foundation in Washington, D.C.
Chazz currently resides in Weschester County, NY with his lovely wife, Gianna and their two children, Dante & Gabriella.
Internationally revered Master Winemaker, Roberto Cipresso, will be working closely with Chef Bottura to pair the finest wines for the event.
Cipresso started his winemaking career in Montalcino, where he worked with Case Basse, Poggio Antico and Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona. From there, he founded “Winemaking”, assisting more than thirty wine companies throughout the Italian territory. Past collaborations include the prestigious Achaval-Ferrer Winery (declared “2009 Best Wine Cellar of The World”), Matervini in Argentina, and Bueno Bellavista in Brasil. Recently he started a new collaboration with Vinos de la Luz in Argentina and Spain, fulfilling his dream of working with the Tempranillo variety.
He went on to found La Fiorita Winery, located in the heart of Montalcino as well as become the owner of a Brunello vineyard, near his Resort of Poggio al Sole. He also founded The Winecircus project, a wine cellar and laboratory, dedicated to the research of vine activity.
His fine wines have won many awards. In 2011, Robert Parker awarded Cipresso’s five wines with one 99/100, three 98/100 and one 97/100. During 2012, his Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 2006 La Fiorita received a 95/100 Wine Spectator rating, and was listed as one of the Best 50 Wines in Italy during the Best Italian Wines Awards 2012. IN addition it received the Gold Medal at the “Merano Wine Festival 2012”. In 2015, Wine Spectator honored his Brunello di Montalcino 2010 La Fiorita with a 95/100 rating.
Personal highlights include: creating a special Cuvee for the Pope John Paul II during the 2000 Jubilee; receiving the award for Best Italian Oenologist during the “Wine Oscars of 2006” and being named “Man of the Year” in 2008 by Men’s Health Magazine, Food category.
In April 2010 he met Italian Republic President, Giorgio Napolitano, and was asked by “Città Del Vino” to develop a special wine for the 150th Anniversary of Italian Unification.
GOD’S LOVE WE DELIVER
God’s Love We Deliver is the New York City metropolitan area’s leading provider of nutritious, individually-tailored meals to people who are too sick to shop or cook for themselves.
Founded in 1985 when one woman began delivering food on her bicycle to a man dying from AIDS, God’s Love now cooks 6,800 meals daily, delivering them to clients living with life-altering illnesses in all five boroughs of New York City, Westchester and Nassau Counties, and Hudson County, New Jersey.
All of God’s Love’s services are provided free of charge to their clients, their children and to the senior caregivers of senior clients, without regard to income. The charity has never maintained a waiting list.
- New York’s inimitable energy and cultural diversity has always been synonymous with a bubbling melting pot of ethnicities, traditions and beliefs.
- During the 19th century, New York City became the main entry point for European immigrants to the United States.
- The Statue of Liberty opened in 1886 and became a symbol of hope. With the influx of international tastes and styles, New York boomed during the Roaring Twenties and skyscrapers expressed the energy of the city.
- Through economic highs and lows, New York’s progressive attitude and positivity has created a home for artists, musicians, actors and visionaries.
- The city’s many different neighborhoods, have been the foundation for an unparalleled restaurant scene, with New York considered one of the world’s most respected food capitals.
- The Ellis Island Museum of Immigration will be the unique venue for our event. Overlooking the Statue of Liberty behind a beautiful view of the New York skyline.
- Ellis Island was the first step on American soil for immigrants. After a long, uncertain and at times dangerous sea voyage, Ellis Island soon became the most recognizable symbol of immigration in the United States; a gateway to a new prosperous life in the land of opportunity.
- Today the descendants of those immigrants account for more than half the American people.
- The island was made part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument in 1965, and has hosted a museum of immigration since 1990.
A SNAPSHOT OF THE EVENING
- The evening will begin with a private ferry ride from New York. Enjoy the stunning night skyline as you approach Ellis Island.
- Upon arrival, experience a brief guided tour of this unique and historic vicinity.
- After the tour relax with a champagne reception before sitting down to a six course tasting menu,replicating Chef Bottura’s signature dishes.
- A brief presentation will be held introducing the evening by GR8, Chef Massimo Bottura and ChazzPalminteri.
- After dinner, we invite you to pick up your gift bag and return to New York by ferry.
- Invitation per guest: $ 5,000 USD
- Invitation per table of 10 guests: $ 50,000 USD
- Part of the proceeds from sales will be donated to God’s Love We Deliver organization as well as 100% of proceeds from the event’s live auction